“In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.” I Thessalonians 5:18
Do you take the time to thank God for all the things with which you have been blessed? I know that sometimes in the craziness of this life we forget to stop and say,”Thank you.” Today I want to do something different. I borrowed this idea from a friend and I wanted to share it with you.
Today I want us to take a few minutes to think of 5 things for which we are thankful. These 5 things cannot be the big things, like God, family and country. They have to be 5 simple things, something that will help us to remember to be thankful today. We always seem to be thankful for the big things, but what about all of the little things which God blesses us with each day.
I will go first:
- Today I am thankful for you, my dear readers.
- Today I am thankful for quite time alone with God. Time that I can sit and listen for God to speak and to study His word.
- Today I am thankful for warm coffee to wake me.
- Today I am thankful for the ability to bless others with God’s word.
- Today I am thankful for a safe, comforting place to call home.
Now, it is your turn. Please join me by commenting below and listing 5 things for which you are thankful.
Let us always remember to count our blessings. May we never find ourselves too busy to stop and remember how blessed we are each day.